Friday, January 20, 2012

Cross

I got a small prezzie from Mr. B today. A balsa wood cross fashioned in his workshop. (And by "workshop" I mean his undoubtedly cluttered house.) He hadn't been feeling well the last few days and didn't look himself. He was slightly unshaven which is unusual for him. He told me his vertigo was getting the better of him. I was concerned so I was glad to see him looking much better today. He handed this to me as he walked out the front door saying, "Something to make you think."

















It was a nice sentiment. "Gold in silt." Profound. Even the muck has value. Even though there's awfulness in the world there's always some good. Yin and Yang. Silver lining. Cloud. Etc. It did make me think. It made me think that while this was very lovely, it seemed rather prosaic for Mr. B.

I flipped it over.


"Under Niagra Falls."

Obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment